The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is Virginia Commonwealth University’s office authorized to submit research proposals and receive awards from all sources on behalf of the University. OSP is also the official contact for the University on administrative award-related matters.
In June 2007, the former Office of Industry Partnerships was merged into the Office of Sponsored Programs. Our Blue, Green, and Gold Teams are assigned by Department and work on Government and Non-Profit proposals and awards. Our Red Team works on Industry funded proposals and awards.
Find Your Team
How to Reach Us:
Find Your Team by School
Click here to view the Organizational Chart
Phone: (804) 828-6772
How to Find Us:
Fax: (804) 828-2521
OSP is located in BioTech One at 800 East Leigh Street, Suite 113, Richmond, VA 23298
What does OSP do?
Why OSP does what it does
- Assists faculty in submitting proposal and getting grants
- Accepts award and assures they are administered consistently with Sponsor and University policies
- Mediates the grant process
- Educates department and school administrators in the grant process
The Proposal and Award Process - OSP
- Serves the research mission of the University
- Helps ensure compliance with internal and external requirements (IRB, Conflict of Interest, University policies, etc.)
- Supports the research mission of University faculty
- Receives approved proposal with budget and Internal Approval Form
- Reviews proposal for institutional and external compliance
- Returns proposal to PI for submission to sponsor
- Negotiates awards
- Notifies Grants and Contracts Accounting of award receipt
- Issues subawards (as necessary)
- Verifies final reports have been submitted
- Closes out award
Hard copy (paper) submissions should be delivered to OSP for review and approval a minimum of three (3) business days before the proposal is due to the Sponsor. Electronic submissions should arrive at OSP, ready for submission, a minimum of five (5) business days before the proposal is due to the Sponsor. OSP staff handles proposals in the order in which they arrive. Proposals not meeting these timelines will be reviewed after proposals meeting the timelines have been reviewed and approved.
Click here for Sponsored Programs News Archives