The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at VCU is charged with reviewing all research protocols involving human participants to ensure research is conducted ethically and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Guidance and resources for researchers, research participants, and IRB members are provided on this site.
Conducting Human Research
Information for investigators on getting started, types of review, how to submit to the IRB, post-approval activities, and study close-out.
Education and Required Training
- » CITI Requirements
- » Past Presentations
- » Suggest an Educational Topic
- » Events & Upcoming Training
Information for Research Volunteers
Contact the Office of Research Integrity and Ethics at 804-827-2157 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have questions about being a research volunteer answered or to discuss concerns.
Written Policies and Procedures
WPPs provide extensive policy and guidance information for investigators and IRB members.
- » Part I: Human Research Protection Program Overview
- » Part II: IRB Operations
- » Part III: Special Requirements
- » Search IRB WPPs
Other Helpful Links
- » About the IRB
- » Submission Deadlines and Meeting Dates
- » Policies and Guidance
- » Contact Us
- » IRB Forms
- » Subscribe for News and Updates
- » IRB Member Toolkit
- » Post Approval Monitoring
- VP for Research and Innovation
- Institutes and Centers
- Research Cores
- Research Quest Fund
- Grant Writing Institute
- Research Development
- Undergraduate Research
- Postdoctoral Services